Wednesday, July 20, 2016

"Haiku from Here" - on piano


Happy wanderer -  Hardenbergia violacea
Musician Jane Andino has composed some beautiful piano pieces based on two of my haiku, and one by Christopher Ash. 




sun orchid

The music and haikus are shortly to be published by Wirripang music - called "Haiku from Here". 

Meanwhile, here are some photos from the walk along Faulconbridge ridge, during which I composed the haiku about remembering the names of flowers. 
Leptospermum
I had been out the day before with Jim Percy, Blue Mountains Conservation Society Saturday walks co-ordinator, who was kindly doing map-and-compass work with me.





Native iris - has a rhizome underneath - Patersonia sericea


Grevillea sericea


Wax flower - Philotheca
I was indeed a happy wanderer - with backpack and handy notebook.





I'll let you know when the sheet music is published by Wirripang. 

No comments: